Substitute for Raised S.B. No. 975
Session Year 2021
AN ACT STRENGTHENING THE BILLS OF RIGHTS FOR LONG-TERM CARE RESIDENTS AND AUTHORIZING THE USE OF RESIDENT TECHNOLOGY FOR VIRTUAL VISITATION AND VIRTUAL MONITORING.
To affirm that residents of long-term care facilities have the right to treat their living quarters as their homes and have the same rights as all other state residents, including the right to use technology of their choice for purposes, including, but not limited to, virtual visitation and file grievances for violations of their rights.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/09/2021 Aranha, Jean Mills, Managing Attorney-CT Legal Services
- 03/09/2021 Barrett, Matthew-CAHCF-CCAL
- 03/09/2021 Doroghazi, Anna-AARP Connecticut
- 03/09/2021 Echtman, Sharon
- 03/09/2021 Flaherty, Kathleen, Executive Director-CT. Legal Rights Project, Inc
- 03/09/2021 Formica, Paul, Senator-Connecticut General Assembly
- 03/09/2021 Gifford, Diedre, Acting Commissioner-DPH
- 03/09/2021 Marcella, Valerie
- 03/09/2021 Morelli, Mag, President-LeadingAge Conn.
- 03/09/2021 Osten, Cathy, Senator-CT General Assembly
- 03/09/2021 Painter, Mairead, Long Term Care Ombudsman-Dept of Aging and Disability Services
- 03/09/2021 Rappaport, Irma
- 03/09/2021 Seifel, David-DSS
- 03/09/2021 Werner, Michael, Law and Policy Fellow-CWCSEO
- 03/09/2021 Yeitz, Tina-CT Association of Residential Care Homes