Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6607
Session Year 2021
AN ACT INCENTIVIZING THE ADOPTION OF CYBERSECURITY STANDARDS FOR BUSINESSES.
To incentivize the adoption of cybersecurity standards for businesses by allowing businesses that adopt certain cybersecurity framework to plead an affirmative defense to any cause of action that alleges that a failure to implement reasonable cybersecurity controls resulted in a data breach concerning personal or restricted information.
Public Hearing Testimony
- 03/18/2021 Dukes, Curtis, Executive Vice President - General Manager-Center for Internet Security
- 03/18/2021 Keane, John, Legislative and Regulatory Specialist-Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers-Support-If Amended
- 03/18/2021 McGloughlin, John, Founder and CEO-GuardSight Inc.
- 03/18/2021 Orcutt, Justin
- 03/18/2021 Ross, Lee, Legislative - Administrative Advisor 2-Department of Administrative Services
- 03/18/2021 Zane, Ashley, Government Affairs Associate-CT Business - Industry Association-Support