Substitute for Raised H.B. No. 6597
Session Year 2021
AN ACT CONCERNING THE ACCREDITATION, REPORTING REQUIREMENTS, MENTAL HEALTH, BODY-WORN RECORDING EQUIPMENT, DATA STORAGE SERVICES, TRAINING AND HIRING OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.
To revise the requirements regarding the accreditation of law enforcement units, study ways to lower the costs associated with data storage or services related to body-worn recording equipment, require police officers receive training regarding interactions with persons with mental or physical disabilities, and revise the amount of a grant-in-aid to municipalities for the purchase of body-worn recording equipment.
Public Hearing Testimony
Public Safety and Security Committee
- 03/09/2021 Bowsza, Jason E., First Selectman-Town of East Windsor-Support
- 03/09/2021 CHRO-State of Connecituct-Support
- 03/09/2021 Gara, Betsy, Exec. Director-CT Council of Small Towns-Support
- 03/09/2021 Luciano, Sal, President-CT AFL-CIO-Pro, Con
- 03/09/2021 Moore, Kelly McConney, Interim Sr. Policy Counsel-ACLU
- 03/09/2021 Muszynski, Mike, State and Federal Relations Mgr.-CCM-Support
- 03/09/2021 Pelka, Marc, Office of Policy Management-State of CT-Con
- 03/09/2021 Police officer s Assoc. of CT-Support
- 03/09/2021 Pyers, Louise, Exec.Director-CT Alliance to Benefit Law Enforcement
- 03/09/2021 Reimer, Jeff, President-Council 4 AFSCME Public Safety Council