House Bill No. 5523
Public Act No. 00-195
An Act Concerning Technical Amendments To The Housing Statutes And Repealing The Pilot Program For Privatization Of Public Housing Projects.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:
Section 1. Section 46a-64b of the general statutes is repealed and the following is substituted in lieu thereof:
As used in sections 46a-51 to 46a-99, inclusive, as amended:
(1) "Discriminatory housing practice" means any discriminatory practice specified in section 46a-64c or section 46a-81e.
(2) "Dwelling" means any building, structure, mobile manufactured home park or portion thereof which is occupied as, or designed or intended for occupancy as, a residence by one or more families, and any vacant land which is offered for sale or lease for the construction or location thereon of any such building, structure, mobile manufactured home park or portion thereof.
(3) "Fair Housing Act" means Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended, [by the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988] and known as the federal Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600-3620).
(4) "Family" includes a single individual.
(5) "Familial status" means one or more individuals who have not attained the age of eighteen years being domiciled with a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or the designee of such parent or other person having such custody with the written permission of such parent or other person; or any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of eighteen years.
(6) "Housing for older persons" means housing: (A) Provided under any state or federal program that the Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development determines is specifically designed and operated to assist elderly persons as defined in the state or federal program; or (B) intended for, and solely occupied by, persons sixty-two years of age or older; or (C) intended and operated for occupancy by at least one person fifty-five years of age or older per unit in accordance with the standards set forth in the [federal] Fair Housing Act and regulations developed pursuant thereto by the Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(7) "Mobile manufactured home park" means a plot of land upon which two or more mobile manufactured homes occupied for residential purposes are located.
(8) "Physical or mental disability" includes, but is not limited to, mental retardation, as defined in section 1-1g, as amended by section 5 of public act 99-122, and physical disability, as defined in subdivision (15) of section 46a-51 and also includes, but is not limited to, persons who have a handicap as that term is defined in the [federal] Fair Housing Act.
(9) "Residential-real-estate-related transaction" means (A) the making or purchasing of loans or providing other financial assistance for purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing or maintaining a dwelling, or secured by residential real estate; or (B) the selling, brokering or appraising of residential real property.
(10) "To rent" includes to lease, to sublease, to let and to otherwise grant for a consideration the right to occupy premises not owned by the occupant.
Sec. 2. Section 8-70a of the general statutes, as amended by section 7 of public act 99-1 of the June special session, is repealed.
Approved June 1, 2000